Academics at Holy Trinity School
Holy Trinity School promotes academic excellence. We are accredited by New England Schools and Colleges and the State of Connecticut.
Each teacher recognizes that every student needs respect, attention, acceptance, approval, and a sense of achievement. The focus of our school is concentrated on the facilitation of learning, the enhancement of students’ self-concept, and the formation of a school community rooted in Gospel values. Students’ needs are met through small group instruction, the assistance of classroom paraprofessionals in grades PreK to 5, and one-to-one special instruction.
Our students are accepted to Connecticut’s best private high schools, including:
- Choate Rosemary Hall (Wallingford)
- Fairfield Prep (Fairfield)
- Hamden Hall (Hamden)
- Hopkins School (New Haven)
- Lauralton Hall (Milford)
- Mercy High School (Middletown)
- Miss Porter’s School (Farmington)
- Notre Dame High School (West Haven)
- Notre Dame High School (Fairfield)
- Sacred Heart Academy (Hamden)
- Sacred Heart High School (Waterbury)
- St. Paul Catholic High School (Bristol)
- Westminster School (Simsbury)
- Xavier High School (Middletown)
The IOWA Test of Basic Skills is administered in grades 3 to 7 on a yearly basis. Holy Trinity School students consistently place at least one year above grade level and achieve higher than expected grade equivalent scores.
The Holy Trinity School faculty has developed outcomes for each area of study and works diligently to achieve those goals.